Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lola Kimoni

"I realized there were no beach cover ups that I wanted to buy - so I started making my own. I love textiles and travel the world bringing cloth home. I started by cutting up Saris from india. In India the women own 100s of saris - they do not wear the same one every day. Each sari is amazing with a natural border and design that is flattering. Each one is special and makes only 3 pieces. The end piece is most decorative. The Saris are viscose, cotton and silk. The cottons are all hand blocked using traditional methods. The silks are hand painted. The draping is gorgeous! I created the word KIMONI. It is a mini Kimono or robe. Lastly, Lola is the love of my life, my golden retriever. Each piece is hand made with love." -Terry Levich Ross, Founder

No comments:

Post a Comment